An Equity-First Approach to Postsecondary Digital Learning is one of a series of teaching strategy guides published by Every Learner Everywhere for the purpose of highlighting how the three facets of our mission, equity in higher education, digital learning, and evidence-based teaching practices, can be applied in higher educational courses.
An Equity-First Approach to Postsecondary Digital Learning outlines seven necessary components to adopting and utilizing digital learning tools equitably. This strategy guide also includes a framework for centering equity in the course design, underlying principles, and pedagogical practice of digital courseware.
The seven components of equitable digital learning include:
- Ground the pedagogy in evidence-based teaching practices
- Provide instructors with engaging, no-cost professional learning opportunities
- Take an ecological approach and leverage support services
- Use high-quality courseware
- Use open educational resources
- Leverage courseware adoption and decision-making resources
- Gather qualitative and quantitative user data